|About Us Menu
· The Premises
· Our Location Map
· History of the Building
· Layout of the Premises
· Our Team
· Florence Road Vets
Greystones Veterinary Hospital, Co. Wicklow
|Trafalgar Road, Greystones, Co. Wicklow |
Tel: (01) 287 2099
Opening Hours - Mon to Fri: 8am-7pm, Sat: 10am-12.30pm
Click here for Our Location Map
Our Vet hospital was planned in consultation with a conservation architect as it is a building of historic interest in Greystones. It has been re-designed to be a top class facility which has been awarded the highest certification by the Veterinary Council of Ireland's Premises Accreditation Scheme. This certification relates to all areas of the business including: external and internal presentation of the building, public safety measures, high quality treatment areas and safe, comfortable hospitalisation facilities for the pets. Our aim is to provide your pets with a top quality service from a high quality building. It also gives us great pleasure to be able to enhance and restore an elderly building in the process.
Greystones Veterinary Hospital
'Victoria House' was built in c1860 after the Dublin railway was extended to Wicklow. An OS map of Greystones some 25 years earlier shows that Greystones consisted of a small number of houses (fisherman's cottages) at the harbour area, but the harbour itself had not been built. The building has been described as 'a small urban gentleman's residence of the early Victorian period; an unusual example of a large house set in a relatively modest urban area'. Undoubtedly it is a house of local importance to Co. Wicklow, being one of the first large buildings in Greystones. It has been substantially and repeatedly altered since it was built, not always in an appropriate manner. The renovation has restored the appealing symmetry it once possessed. The house has become once again a heritage asset to Trafalgar Road and Greystones.
We opened the doors to our new premises in November 2010. The premises is a top class Veterinary Council certified Veterinary Hospital and has given us the facilities needed to greatly enhance our services to you and your pets.
- Reception: The reception area has a large waiting room. There is also the facility of waiting in a separate quiet area if your pet is nervous around other animals. We have a comprehensive range of premium healthy foods and pet accessories. There is also a pharmacy counter for the speedier dispensing of medications.
- Consulting rooms: There are two bright consulting rooms available, which facilitates both consultations with the vets and our free nursing clinics.
- Treatment areas: There are dedicated top end surgery facilities available with separate dental treatment and preparation areas. We have a diagnostic imaging room and an in-house lab.
- Kenneling and utility areas: Kenneling is in three separate areas; cat ward, dog ward and an isolation unit with separate access. The kennels are spacious, with an emphasis on hygiene and comfort. Our utility area is adjacent to kenneling, again helping to maintain as clean and hygienic an environment as possible.
- Staff areas: This is composed of areas for stock storage, office facilities and a staff room.
- Parking facilities: There is ample parking in the Trafalgar Road car park across the road from the practice as well as roadside parking. We also have the facility of a small client car park on the premises.
Here are the team of people who will be looking after your petís health. Our aim is to provide a friendly, professional and caring service.
Nursing and Receptionist staff